Building Flexible Teams
Supporting teams to make flexible working a success
As more organisations shift to a partial or fully flexible model, it is vital that team dynamics are considered along with the needs of individuals. Many conversations regarding flexible working are held between a manager and individual, yet in our experience, the key to successful flexible working is managing it at the level of a team. Holding conversations and reaching agreements within a team allows them to implement flexible working in a way that suits the team’s, and ultimately the organisation’s requirements.
Our virtual or face to face group workshops allow a team to:
- Establish a flexible working goal for the team with agreed team norms and boundaries.
- Develop successful communication and other skills across the team to support flexible working.
- Review what is working and making changes to approach where required.
Results for teams:
- Talk openly within the team about what is working and what needs to change, establishing a common understanding of where we want to get to.
- Establish boundaries and ways of working within the team.
- Understand and develop the skills to make flexible working a success for individuals within the team and for the organisation as a whole.
- Develop further practical tools to support flexible working.