CEO, Director and Founder
Virginia Herlihy is a leader and innovator in executive coaching, corporate training, and facilitation. She founded How Do You Do It soon after becoming a working parent when it became clear to her that there were few support programmes for career families managing responsibilities at work and home.
Using her years of experience as an executive coach, trainer and facilitator, Virginia has developed award-winning programmes that include individuals, their managers and their organisations to positively impact the retention and progression of diverse talent, particularly working parents.
In the 14 years since Virginia founded How Do You Do It, she has evolved the remit of the company to meet the requirements of today’s organisations. “Increasingly organisations are realising the business benefits of offering a culture of flexibility that enables all employees, not just parents to balance work and home life. This has allowed us to use our expertise with parents to design specific programmes that support people across an organisation at all different stages of life.”
Virginia’s passion and expertise have delivered impressive results to a range of clients including Deloitte, Microsoft, Allen & Overy, GPT, Kingwood Mallesons, The BBC, and Westpac. They have also helped her to attract a Dream Team of coaches and facilitators. These experts share her vision, skills and priorities and deliver the same dedication and results to How Do You Do It clients across Australia and EMEA.
Virginia is a member of CEW, an alliance partner of the Australian Gender Equality Council and part of Global Women Leaders – a philanthropic women’s giving circle.
QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Education, Honours, Cambridge University
- HR Qualification, Institute of Personnel Management,
- UK Coaching Certificate in Practice,
- Sydney University Executive Coaching Accreditation,
- The Institute of Executive Coaching, Sydney
- Lifestyles Inventory feedback tool accreditation, Human Synergistics Certification,
- Training to Train, 6-month programme for professional trainers with Dr Stephanie Burns, global leader in adult learning Accreditation,
- Values based learning programme, sponsored by KPMG
- Member of The Australian Institute of Training and Development, International Coaching Federation.
- Founder, CEO, Facilitator and Executive Coach, How Do You Do It
- Corporate Facilitator and Trainer, The Broker Edge,
- Sydney Corporate Facilitator and Trainer, The Mast Organisation, London and Sydney
- Manager, Human Resources, KPMG, London