Encouraging a gender-neutral culture of flexible work at GPT – case study
In this case study, we look at how we have been working with leading Australian property group GPT since 2015 in creating a gender-neutral culture by supporting the working parents within their organisation.
GPT were looking to advance key strategic objectives, namely:
- Being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice
- Offering the right support to retain, engage and enable working parents
- Supporting an objective to achieve senior leadership gender parity
- Creating a gender-neutral culture of flexible work via support for their leaders
Creating a comprehensive programme of support
How Do You Do It worked with GPT to create a comprehensive suite of programs that supported working parents and their managers at key stages in the transition from working person to working parent, and beyond.
Delivering results for working parents
Reduced stress for working fathers
Most valuable outcomes for working mothers.
- Practical and relevant strategies for combining work and parental responsibilities
- Increased confidence on achieving success at work and home
- Increased clarity on my version of success at work and home
“How Do You Do It have been fantastic partners to support GPT on our diversity journey. We began working with Virginia and her team back in 2015 as part of our new Gender strategy and wanting to ensure we were offering the right support to our working parents in managing their work and home life. Following our initial pilot, the Working Mothers and Fathers’ programs have been an overwhelming success and the participants have not only felt more confident in their work and values, but also built a community of support with each other.”
Davina Partridge, Learning and Talent Development Manager at GPT
Download the full case study here to see the full impact of the support GPT offers their working parents.
More case studies – See how we have supported other clients with their working parents’ programmes.