Having worked with many organisations and coached thousands of working parents and their managers, How Do You Do It have real insight to how employers can create environments that support parents, both during the transition to parenthood and beyond. We were delighted to partner with the Diversity Project to develop this best practice guide to supporting working parents. Written by How Do You Do It EMEA director, Clair Hodgson, the guide covers five key recommendations:
- Enhanced parental leave benefit of 6 months at full pay for all, regardless of gender and route to parenthood.
- Public disclosure of policies and benefits focused on working families, both parents and carers.
- Clear targets for the take up of parental leave policies with external reporting of tracked performance versus targets.
- Training for all line managers on supporting working families.
- Creating a robust, sustainable smart working culture, through adoption of the Diversity Project’s SMART working manifesto, where parents and carers are confident to ask for and to take family leave, and that flexible working is a right from day 1 within an organisation.
You can download the full report here and watch the launch video which includes research findings and case studies from different organisations about how their approaches to supporting working parents have evolved over time and the results they have seen.
You can find more guides to supporting carers, parents and managing hybrid teams here.